Name That Tune
I always enjoy playing this game when other people post it, so I thought it might be fun. I will be VERY surprised if anyone knows a few of these.
Step 1: Put your music player on shuffle.
Step 2: Post the first line or two from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Strike through the songs when someone guesses both artist and track correctly. NO CHEATING!
Come up to meet you, tell you I’m sorry / You don’t know how lovely you are Coldplay, The Scientist
2. Go ahead as you waste your days with thinking / When you fall, everyone sins
3. Try to tell me what I shouldn’t do / You should know by now I won’t listen to you
4. Better move, ’cause we’ve arrived / Lookin’ sexy, lookin’ fly
I’ve been a bad, bad girl / I’ve been careless with a delicate man Fiona Apple, Criminal
6. Hello you long shots, you dark horse runners / Hairbrush singers, dashboard drummers
7. Look at that green, out through the screen / After a quick rain came
I can show you the world / Shining, shimmering, splendid A Whole New World, from Aladdin
9. She’s electric / She’s in a family full of eccentrics / She’s done things I never expected / And I need more time
10. Understand the things I say / Don’t turn away from me / ‘Cause I’ve spent half my life out there / You wouldn’t disagree
Now, don’t just walk away / Pretending everything’s okay and you don’t care about me Michelle Branch, Are You Happy Now?
I’m scared, so afraid to show I care / Will he think me weak if I tremble when I speak? Celine Dion, Tell Him
‘Bout that time again, strange feeling in the wind / Standing in this place, staring face to face Ingram Hill, The Day Your Luck Runs Out (my favorite IH song)
This situation, if it gets any deeper, could be critical / I’m not your love monkey, so be taking back all the lies you sold Kelly Clarkson, Whyyawannabringmedown
15. Blue water, blue eyes, cover me / If anything comes close, I will let them see
16. When they push, when they pull, tell me, can you hold on? / When they say you should change, can you hold your head high and be strong?
I want a girl with a mind like a diamond / I want a girl who knows what’s best Cake, Short Skirt Long Jacket
18. Affirmative may be justified / Take from one, give to another / The goal is to be unified / Take my hand, be my brother
I don’t need your shoulder to break my fall / ‘Cause every night it’s colder, and twenty feet tall Myla Smith, You Know What I Need
Got a stack of books so I could learn how to live / Many are left half-read, covered by the cobwebs on my shelf Ginny Owens, Own Me
21. I, I’m a one-way motorway / I’m a road that drives away and follows you back home
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death / I take a look at my life and realize there’s nothing left Coolio, Gangsta’s Paradise
L is for the way you look at me / O is for the only one I see Nat King Cole, L-O-V-E
24. So the story goes on down the less-traveled road / It’s a variation on the one that was told / And although it’s not the same, it’s awful close
25. I’m so tired of learning to talk / Building fences on the wall / In this state I shall not remain
Never knew I could feel like this / Like I’ve never seen the sky before / Want to vanish inside your kiss / Every day I love you more and more Come What May, from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack
Here I am in the place where I come let go / In Miami, the pace and the sun set low Will Smith, Miami
Beauty queen of only eighteen, she had some trouble with herself / He was always there to help her, she always belonged to someone else Maroon 5, She Will Be Loved
Can’t explain all the feelings that you’re making me feel / My heart’s in overdrive and you’re behind the steering wheel The Darkness, I Believe In A Thing Called Love
30. This is how it works, it feels a little worse / Like when we drove our hearse into that screaming crowd
About Brenda W.Christian. Memphian. Reader. Writer. True blue Tiger fan. Lover of shoes, the ocean, adventure, and McAlister's iced tea. View all posts by Brenda W. →
Posted in music