Sorry about the blogging absence – I’ve been in Orlando on business. Although we had meetings and stuff, we also had some fun downtime. Here’s a quick recap:
– We carved out a few hours for outlet shopping, and I found my red wool peacoat at the Gap Outlet! Once again, research paid off – I knew that the price was good and it was the style I wanted. Pictures to come once it actually gets cold enough for a peacoat.
– I enjoyed way too much amazing food:
Ten-layer carrot cake – appropriate for a dinner on 10-10-10.
– At one of the lunches, the CEO sat at our table, right next to me! I was intimidated and afraid of saying something stupid, but I did chat with him a little bit.
– We went to the Everglades for airboat rides and an alligator show. I was thrilled to be in such a Florida environment and couldn’t stop smiling the whole time. We saw lots of birds:
Great blue heron
Then I got to hold an alligator! This one was about four years old, and it felt nice. :)
– One night some co-workers and I went to Downtown Disney:
– At the Orlando airport, I was pre-flagged for random screening. It had never happened to me before, and I had to wait at the first checkpoint for fifteen minutes with no explanation. Then I was patted down and questioned while they examined every item I had on my person. It was fairly traumatic. I mean, I’m glad it keeps airports safe, but they could be a little more sensitive to nonthreatening women traveling with equally non-threatening-looking female co-workers.
Other than that, it was one of my most pleasant business trips ever!
About Brenda W.Christian. Memphian. Reader. Writer. True blue Tiger fan. Lover of shoes, the ocean, adventure, and McAlister's iced tea. View all posts by Brenda W. →
Posted in florida, nature, travel