It’s my birthday!!! So far today, I have:
– received lots of phone calls, texts, and e-mails
– gotten lots of birthday wishes on Twitter and my Facebook wall
– had lunch at Newk’s with Alanna and Myla
– received flowers and balloons from my parents, and a fantastic monogrammed Land’s End tote from Myla
Tonight I’m having dinner at my parents’ and then we’re going to see The Help! I still haven’t read the book (I know), but I’m excited about the movie. And who knows what else the day may bring? :)
This is the first year I’ve cringed at the number on my cake. But that’s mostly because of singleness – if I was married, I doubt it would bother me. Aside from that, I know I’m in the prime of life. So far my 30s are beating my 20s by a mile. I’ve gained some wisdom and experience, I’m comfortable in my own skin, and I’m finally reaping the benefits of looking younger than my age.* :) My relationships with friends and family have never been stronger. I’m very blessed and loved. Here’s hoping the goodness continues, and some happy surprises are in store for this new year of my life!
I’ve been on vacation in Miami and have lots to talk about, so stay tuned!
* = This was not so fun when I was in college and was regularly given children’s menus at restaurants.
About Brenda W.Christian. Memphian. Reader. Writer. True blue Tiger fan. Lover of shoes, the ocean, adventure, and McAlister's iced tea. View all posts by Brenda W. →
Posted in birthday