My Top 7 Unwatched TV Shows
Since I’m usually pretty busy (and reading when I’m not busy), I can’t keep up with very many TV shows. This often works to my detriment when all my friends are obsessing over a show together, and I know I would love it too, but I’ll never have time to catch up. Several such conversations have inspired me to make a list of the unwatched shows that I most want to see from beginning to end. With one exception, I’ve stuck to shows that are complete – adding in-process series would make it too overwhelming. (#1 would be Downton Abbey. Not watching it is seriously starting to affect my social life.)
1. Friday Night Lights. It’s crazy that I wasn’t immediately obsessed with this well-loved tale of triumph over adversity through football in small-town Texas. It has everything I look for in a story.
2. Battlestar Galactica. I’ve heard it ends terribly, but so did Lost, and I still didn’t regret getting involved in that. It seems like another show that’s important to the cultural conversation.
3. Gilmore Girls. I know. I know. I know.
4. Doctor Who. If the constant raves of friends with good taste weren’t enough to convince me, this graph would do it.
5. Avatar: The Last Airbender. I’m not into anime, but I’ve heard this is a must watch for writers because the plot writing is phenomenal.
6. Freaks and Geeks. I was the target age/audience for this show when it aired, but I missed it somehow. It features a lot of now-famous actors, including Jason Segel, whom I find very endearing.
7. Felicity. One of the most popular melodramas of my college years, but again, I never saw it. Plus, I think it was J.J. Abrams’ first show.
Basically, if I ever have to be on bed rest for an extended time, I already have a plan in place!
About Brenda W.Christian. Memphian. Reader. Writer. True blue Tiger fan. Lover of shoes, the ocean, adventure, and McAlister's iced tea. View all posts by Brenda W. →
Posted in tv