Thanksgiving has arrived at a good time for me this year. I really need to focus more on what I have instead of what I don’t have. So here are a few things I’m thankful for.
– My family – my parents, siblings, and little niece, who has already changed our family for the better in so many ways!
– My two cats. They’re great companions and bring me so much joy and comfort.
– My wonderful friends. When I’m in one of my defensive, lone wolf moods, it helps to know that I have true friends in every corner of my life who can be counted on to have my back, walk alongside me, and challenge me if necessary. I am really embarrassingly blessed in this area.
– My beautiful home that’s just the way I like it!
– My church community. It’s not perfect, but it’s what I’ve been looking for all my life.
– My city, with its great food, great basketball, and great soul.
– The ability to financially support myself comfortably.
– My beautiful, reliable car!
– Living in an era of vision correction.
– The fitness room at my office, without which I would struggle to get enough exercise.
– The fact that even though the days are short right now, they WILL get long again.
– The heating pad on my mattress. Greatest invention ever. I would be miserable in the colder months without it.
– My freedom. I don’t have to “submit” my life to anyone but God, or put up with any tomfoolery.
– My availability to spontaneously spend time with friends and help people.
– My upcoming staycation on Christmas week. I am looking forward to it as a man in the desert looks forward to an oasis.
And finally, my blog readers! Thank you all for taking the time to read. It means a lot to me to know that someone is out there. I hope you all have wonderful Thanksgivings!
About Brenda W.Christian. Memphian. Reader. Writer. True blue Tiger fan. Lover of shoes, the ocean, adventure, and McAlister's iced tea. View all posts by Brenda W. →
Posted in celebrate, fall