February Music Mixup
This month I participated again in the Music Mixup hosted by Kim at TheKOStory! Each month Kim chooses a theme and assigns partners to swap mix CDs. It’s fun to see how people interpret the themes differently. February was about, of course, LOVE! My swap partner was Breanna from Sweet Silver Lining. I stuck to a romantic theme on the CD I made (you can see what I sent her here), but Breanna’s tracklist celebrated love of all kinds (even love of shoes!). It also had a strong American Idol factor. :) We chose several of the same artists, too.
1. Cruise – Florida Georgia Line
2. Beautiful – Bethany Dillon
3. King of Anything – Sara Bareilles
4. Valentine – Kina Grannis
5. I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz
6. God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton
7. This Kiss – Carly Rae Jepsen
8. Like My Mother Does – Lauren Alaina
9. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Glee Cast :)
10. If I Didn’t Have You – Thompson Square
11. Home – Phillip Phillips
12. Since U Been Gone – Kelly Clarkson
13. Follow Through – Gavin DeGraw
14. Open Toes – Katharine McPhee
15. The House That Built Me – Miranda Lambert
16. Halo – Bethany Joy Lenz
17. If It Makes You Happy – Sheryl Crow
18. Sweet Silver Lining – Kate Voegele
A lot of artists I like were represented here, plus a few I’ve been interested in hearing, like Florida Georgia Line. “Follow Through” is a favorite of mine too, and this was an acoustic version I hadn’t heard before! Also, I think Bethany Joy Lenz (aka Haley from One Tree Hill) is awesome, but I’d never heard any of her original music. Finally, Blake and Miranda are my favorite couple in country music, so it’s fun that they’re both on here. Thanks, Breanna!
About Brenda W.
Christian. Memphian. Reader. Writer. True blue Tiger fan. Lover of shoes, the ocean, adventure, and McAlister’s iced tea.View all posts by Brenda W. →
Posted in music